Logo

Need hep with '04 60 HP 4 Stroke please

Boat belongs to a good friend, health issues, sold boat, went to start but wouldn't fire. They hauled it to the local shop, then 2 days later told 2 weeks before they could touch it. I'm just trying to help my friend out so he can get the boat on down the road.

Boat ran fine when he parked it in Fall (sets outside), he replaced fuel with fresh gas (I cleaned fuel bowl and checked fuel pump, both fine). He called me last week to come look at it, prior to taking it to the shop, but all I knew was it wasn't firing. I checked fuses, all good. So I didn't know what else to look for.
I haven't tested kill switch yet, but did make sure it was on :D

He picked it up (from shop) today, because he wants it fixed before the guy backs-out on buying it. I'm hoping to fix it cheap (not charging him anything), and it's something simple.

Have power to center pin in main harness coming to motor. No spark and fuel pump not running.

I split the lower covers hoping to find a secluded fuse, but no luck (had another buddy thinking there was another fuse in addition the the main block) .

2004 60ELPTEFI
S/N- OT855523
Family (?)- 4M9XM.9952GE

Only fuses I found were the block towards the front, on port side of motor. Am I missing another? Just acts like no power to electronics (ECM).

We're due for some heavy rain over the next couple days (North MS), so thought I might be able to figure something out between now and next decent day.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Back