Logo

water/moisture coming from exhaust while running on trailer with "ear muffs"

buzzleo

I have some water coming out of the exhaust while I am running the engine with the "ear muff". I have a 2001 Alpha One 305 Gm motor. Is this normal?

TIA
SEleonard

?----I suppose the motor would normally pump water out of the lake to cool the motor and then the motor spits it out and back into the lake.-----So yes that is normal.

technically the motor doesn't pump the water out of the "lake"...the water pump in the foot does. That pump does get its power from the engine though. Anyway the boat was on the "trailer". I was supplying cooling water via a water hose and what I call "ear muffs" which are put over the intake ports.

BT Doctur,
that picture shows the swivel pin bearing??? Hot water comes out that area. I was talking of the exhaust that comes out of the middle of the prop. There is some spitting of water vapor and some drops of water coming out of there also. I was wondering if that was normal
guess I need to study up on the water and exhaust system on the mercruiser. Is there a diagram or narrative that explains this system?

I have some water coming out of the exhaust while I am running the engine with the "ear muff". I have a 2001 Alpha One 305 Gm motor. Is this normal?

TIA
SEleonard

Some!!!!!!???? You should see the same flow of water that the hose connected to the muffs has going in come out, most of it out of the center of the prop!!!! At idle is should be several gallons per minute.

Back