Logo

Chrysler 318 Rotation??

Que Pasa

I have a 73 with the original Chrysler 250 (340cc) marine engine. The original engine tag reads:
MODEL: LM 340BWR10/650 - the R stands for Right hand propeller rotation, but the firing order is 1-2-7-5-6-3-4-8

Is there a Right hand rotation with a Reverse firing order?

Ayuh,...... Right-hand crankshaft rotation, IS reverse rotation,..... as viewed from the PTO end of the motor,.....

...... Right-hand crankshaft rotation, IS reverse rotation,..... as viewed from the PTO end of the engine.....

Yep..... Rotation is always determined by viewing the engine from the flywheel end..... or as Bill said.... PTO (power take off) end.

Just as an FYI… since the industry does not offer a reverse rotation oil pump, all American Marinized V engines (that are REV RH rotation), their ignition distributors rotate in the standard LH Rotation direction.
In other words, whether STD LH Rotation or REV RH Rotation engines, both distributors rotate standard in order to operate the oil pump.

Nope,..... But I've got a pair of LM318s, both standard rotation, fully dressed, still in my houseboat, I'd love to sell,.....

Check with an Engine Rebuilders Supply company.
In our area we have a company named ERS. They specialize in buying and selling cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts, connecting rods, flywheels, etc.

If that proves to be fruitless, perhaps see if a Dart dealer can help you.

Back