Logo

1988 gamefisher

Glow_eye87

Hi Iv had this gamefisher for about 3 year now and it doesn’t want to get up on plain, I’m getting like 6mph out of it. Seems to be bogging down some where. Iv cleaned and put a new carb kit on it and doesn’t seem to do all that much just made the idle run smoother compared to when I bought it. I run 50:1 mix. Iv done some research and the carbs for mine is factory set jet. Well I was wondering if I got a different jet for it how do fine the right one. I’m about 5000 ft elevation and have no clue picking the size.
Please reply

I was thinking something like that. The only thing I did was a compresson test and both were at 120 so it’s in spec. But never took off the flywheel and looked at the coil packs and condensers. Yesterday I tryed but need a puller. Head to harbor freight to by one today. But I did get the nut off the top and did what the service manual said and use a pry bar and a hammer to tap on the top of the crank but no give. How ever, when I did that corrosion dust started to come out from below the flywheel so I’m thinking Iv got some sort of ignition issue.

That is a force built engine pull the high speed ket and look at the number on it you can get a jet two sizes smaller. Depending on the size it is. Did you buy it from a lower elevation?

There are three dimples on the flywheel where the bolt holes should be for a puller. I drilled and tapped the flywheel on a 15hp made it alot easier if yoou use a jaw type your likely the break the flywheel. Mine popped rigjt off with a damper puller use some long 1/4 20 grade 8 bolts put alot of pressure on the crank then lift up real hard as you hot the puller with a hammer. You need 5 good threads for the bolts. You can vacuum out the shavings once the flywheel is off. If it does not have points you may have to scrap the motor as the pointless coils are no longer found anywhere. You can buy another mptor for the same amount if you can find them and there is no guarantee they are good.

Take the fiel pump apart and inspect the diaphram if it is stiff put in a new diaphram and replace the fuel lines so yout stuff up your carb.

Back