Logo

Time To Sign Off............

joereeves

Gold Medal Contributor
My friends, associates, fellow members... Lately, that is for a number of months now, I find that I have entered posts/replies, that when entered seemed perfectly logical and correct whereas nothing could possibly be in error. However, in hindsight... sometimes at a later time or date a dawning upon myself or a reminder by a fellow member, would bring to light that what I had to say about a problem... was somewhat lacking to say the least.

I have noticed this happening taking place more often in recent months. I've lost track of how long I've been with this site and a few others... some not a great amount of time, but one or two from day one of their origin... or close to it, at any rate... a long time.

However, so it seems, something that seems to overtake all of us as some point has placed their hand on my shoulder in a manner of speaking, advising me that it's time to sit back, take a seat... break time! Whether it's a age thing, effects of medication, some sort of surgical complications, I don't know... BUT... today I entered a reply to a very easy to answer problem whereas my reply was in error, embarrassing, illogical, and downright stupid for someone with my years of experience to put into print.

Fortunately a couple of my respected fellow members tactfully and politely called this to my attention whereas I had time to omit/delete my reply. It occurs to me obviously, it's time to park the Harley, to get off and change it for something else. It's been quite a long ride and I feel fortunate to have lasted this long.... C'ya!

Joe, you have been a long serving and valued contributor. We wish you well but hope to see you rear yourself up now and again. Don't be a stranger! And thank you for all the wise and valued contributions.

Joe, you helped me with a Johnson outboard problem about 15 years ago. At that time and ever since, I have appreciated your knowledge, wisdom and encouragement. Thank you for voluntarily helping so many of us over all these many years. Take a rest, you have definitely earned it!

I have not been here long at all, but your knowledge and willingness to help from which I benefited, will certainly be missed, not to mention your wit.
Thanks for all you've done on this board and others Joe, and feel free to reconsider your decision anytime.

Joe, If you feel up to it send me a PM with your home phone #. I'd like to talk to you seeing we're about the same age. Thanks. Boobie

Joe, kinda new here, but I have always read your responses with appreciation and envy, I have learned from you, and for that I THANK YOU! Ted. aka oldschoolnc

I wish you well. I hate to see you go, you've been a valuable resource to many of us over the years. Hopefully you find plenty of time to go out, drop a line in the water, and catch a few dinners.

Good luck.

Kevin

Like a few others that have replied, I am a new "guest" here. It took all of about two visits for me to notice that you Joe were one of the "go to" guys. Knowledgeable, even tempered and mild mannered is how you came across to me. I barely know you but am darned sure that you will be missed. This new to me 1989 Johnson is sure to present problems that you could have addressed. Thank you for all you've done.

Joe,
I forgot to mention this in my first reply.

Father time gets to us all in one way or another. I truly hope you are not experiencing any dreadful effects of illness or medication.

In terms of knowledge of any particular topic I think there's a few broad categories of people.
1) Those who know nothing
2) Those who know a bit (proficient)
3) Those who know a lot (Experts)
4) Those who have forgotten more than others will ever know (Masters)

I think you fall into category #4. If you have a memory recall slip up here and there it is completely understandable and you shouldn't feel remorseful. You've contributed a wealth of knowledge here and have made this forum exactly what the internet was intended to be: A place where people freely share knowledge and information.

I certainly hope you won't be a stranger and that you'll at least pop in from time to time.

Kevin

Very disturbing news Joe...Thank you for your many years of selflessly sharing your extensive knowledge with everyone on this site. I always looked forward to reading your informative and well written responses. Thank you again and the best of luck to you in the years to come. You will be sorely missed.

Joe, Thank you so much for all the help over the years. Your expertise will not be easily replaced. I consistently looked for your answer first on any problems I have had. You have been a big part of keeping me and so many others on the water. This site and the others owe you a great debt of gratitude. I wish you all the best, with calm seas and a following breeze. Thank you again.
To other members: I'm not crying, You're crying..

Maybe you could teach some etiquette classes. You answered my question and didn't make me feel dumb.I'll never forget that . Have a good life.

Joe,

You've helped me on numerous occasions and were always polite, courteous and extremely helpful when sharing your knowledge. I hate to think how many times you've copied and pasted "The Joe Reeves method" on this and countless other boating forums.

I for one thank you for your help and contributions. If a guy like me can make it work based on your help and the help of the many other boaters and members here, then maybe we can continue to pass down the knowledge a few more generations for you.

Thanks again, all the best in whatever you decide to conquer next!

-Aaron

Back