Logo

Give up on Solex carbs?

Can’t find the oil trap in the engine diagrams.

Something I keep getting stuck on is what engine should I be searching under? Which one is the closes to the modified AQ140A that I have now? I also can’t even find a section in the European parts manual that would have the oil trap.

It is under the intake manifold if you remove the cap on the valve cover when running you will get oil splashing up out of the hole the part number is 1306398

I see it on both the AQ140a and the AQ125a with the same part number the preformed hose is part number 948553 but could not find a pic. I get zero smoke coming out mine. Is there a plastic jug with a fitting out the top of it?

I’ll go look today. But from what I recall there’s nothing on that side of the block but the distributor, fuel pump, then starter.

Im changing the oil today. I’ve run it semi hard a few times so I think I’ve knocked enough crap loose for an oil change. It also has a rusty Volvo oil filter. So who knows when it was changed last.

AQ 131 all had the single PAI44 you may want to give it a good decarb if you still have alot of blowby. Get a can of seafoam and on the water run it around 2000 rpm until hot then slowly pour seafoam in the carb until it starts smoking real good and quickly shut it down. Wait 1/2 an hour then start it and run WOT until it stops smoking. That will clean the valves, pistons and cylinders you may notice an improvement in blowby. Seal up the valve cover and point the blowby hose at the spark arrestor from the oil trap.

Back