Logo

4108 Senders

Sender 2 and 3 seem to be wired in parallel

that is typical of SWITCHES used for the warning horn circuit....so any switch (high temp, low pressure) can turn on the same horn/buzzer.

As a rule, the number of switches in a warning horn loop varies; most include high coolant temp, low engine oil pressure, high gear temp....so also include the raw water side of the cooling system too.

For the gauges, you will have a sending unit for each gauge....a list of the installed gauges and the wiring color on their S terminal is the easiest way to start.... then match the S terminal color to the sender and not its location and you probably have 90% of the answer.

As far as replacement, the sender must "match" the gauge, fit the thread, and then be single station or dual station version...

Hi there forum,

I have a Perkins 6 and it currently is running with a dropped connrod bearing. I am getting a new engine for my boat but was wondering if I pull the piston and rod, reroute the fuel, remove the valve push rods and clamp a set of bearing shells to the crank to keep up oil pressure, will the engine still run reasonably well.

Back