Logo

1982 suzuki dt25 cooling issues

kakon864

So, I recently purchased this outboard and I was told it has been sitting for several years. I started it up and it runs really good, except no water is coming out of the exhaust. So I naturally tried to drop the lower unit(to inspect the pump), but after taking all 4 bolts off and disconnecting the shift rod I cannot get it off. It wiggles a little but is stuck on the back side. Did I miss anything that would prevent it from dropping? Also, I checked the thermostat and it was stuck open, but that shouldn't have prevented water from pumping.

Can you post a pic of your motor? How much does it drop before it gets stuck?
It drops pretty far on the side farthest away from the drive shaft, but the other side wont go down unless you pull on it. I thought it might have been the dowel at first, but i can get it to slide on it pretty easy when I pull on it. I think that the drive shaft is stuck to the crank shaft or something like that as it only drops around 1cm. I'll send photos later

Update: after weeks of wedging and pulling I have the drive shaft out by 1 inch and I manage to unbolt the water pump and pull the lower unit off, only to find that I still got to take the drive shaft out because it changes diameter at the end of the shaft to stop the wear plate. :/

Back