Logo

Shifter Suggestions for a DP-C1

Chris Rohde

Regular Contributor
Hi Gang,

Another project on the list is a new shifter. My current one is very stiff and it grinds a bit when shifting. Cable is new/great/fine/adjusted. Grinding is actually at base of handle on the outside not the inside. It's just old. 24 years old. Time for a new one. I need a side mount that will work with my 1995 DP-C1 that has a tilt/trim switch. I know I can't buy just any side mount shifter, so what should I be looking for. Any actual part numbers would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi Gang,

Another project on the list is a new shifter. My current one is very stiff and it grinds a bit when shifting. Cable is new/great/fine/adjusted. Grinding is actually at base of handle on the outside not the inside. It's just old. 24 years old. Time for a new one. I need a side mount that will work with my 1995 DP-C1 that has a tilt/trim switch. I know I can't buy just any side mount shifter, so what should I be looking for. Any actual part numbers would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Chris, your DP-C1 is a cone clutch drive.
Even with a faulty or worn throttle/shift unit, you should not feel any grinding!

As for a replacement throttle/shift unit......, I would suggest contacting Teleflex and ask what they would recommend.

I have a teleflex/morse control that makes a sandpaper sound when i pump it for a cold start. I took it apart and cleaned/greased it up but still makes the noise not bad enough to spend the $.

Back