Logo

4 3l volvo penta Starting problems

Krwg35

I have a 4.3 Volvo Penta V6 engine and I'm having starting problems I have a brand new battery a brand new starter and solenoid and a new 90 amp breaker the boat started fine before I installed a new shift cable. I have power to all gauges on the dash and what I am experiencing is when I turn over to start the engine all power shuts off immediately and I have no power whatsoever once I disconnect the battery and connect it one more time all power comes back I can't figure out why the starter is not engaging can you help me

and what I am experiencing is when I turn over to start the engine all power shuts off immediately and I have no power whatsoever once I disconnect the battery and connect it one more time all power comes back

Ayuh,.... Remove, clean to shiny metal CLEAN, All the electrical connections of the startin' circuit,....
A brand new battery, needs the terminals scuffed, as even brand new is too dirty,...
Start at the battery, to the starter, to the slave solenoid, to the solenoid,....
And,... ALL the Grounds,.. Both ends of All the cables,....

Sounds like a bad connection, but could be a cable corroded internally, under the plastic sheathin', so look for nicks or cuts,...

Back