Logo

2000 150 ficht powerhead remo

Kevmarti75

Guys I need help. My 2000 150 ficht died so I bought a reman powerhead. I have removed all the bolts I see and it will not release from the front part of the engine. Yes I have removed the smaller bolts. The only thing I see is there are 2 bolts that hold what looks like the steering but it doesn't seem to be part of the block.. am I missing something?

The 2 big bolts gotta come out as they are the motor mounts. What happened to the old powerhead as it may happen again if you don't find the reason it failed.

The 2 big bolts gotta come out as they are the motor mounts. What happened to the old powerhead as it may happen again if you don't find the reason it failed.

Okay that makes since, they are just not coming out easy. I bought the boat used with the knock in the engine, after a little digging I found one of the pistons had a lot of play in the cylinder, you could move it side to side with your finger. It would run fine, idle smooth and rev like it should just had that knock. The oil injection is working as is should. I'm not sure why piston failed I'm assuming it because the previous owner used just used generic 2 cycle oil. I've read that that engine requires the Evinrude XD50... but you might be able to answer if that true or not. With all that being said all the boat shops around me work on mercury's not evinrude so I just bought the reman powerhead with a warranty and figured I could switch it out myself
since I can work on car engines . I'm learning this is a little different hahaha

Any quality brand name TCW3 will work. You need a service manual as you will have to bleed the oil system an all the hoses/wiring have to be routed certain ways.

Back