Logo

Mercury tower of power 90hp question

darrell87

Hey guys..i have two older mercury 90hp outboard engines..one is a distributor model, the other is a electronic ignition model..is there any way i can change the power head portion of the distributor model to the electronic ignition model and switch that power head to electronic ignition? The leg and power trim and wiring/ignition system on the distributor model is rough and the power head on the electronic ignition model is blown..im wondering if its possible to build one from the 2 of them? Any input would be great..thanks!

is there any way i can change the power head portion of the distributor model to the electronic ignition model
How old is the distributer model??? There are 2 different blocks 8 and 10 bolt. If the same you can put the distributor model powerhead on the newer midsection..
the distributor model to the electronic ignition model and switch that power head to electronic ignition
Nope nothing is bolt on swap over. There are no mounting bosses for electrical plate and front half is different and should not be swapped as its 1/8 taller. Wont allow top bearing to seat. I have done it but its not worth the headache with all the makeshift brackets/spacers/standoffs/block machining.

Back