Logo

volvo penta d1-30f won't restart when hot

voilange

Hello,

I have some touble with my D1-30F engine since a few moment, when the motor is hot, I can't restart it, the electronic switches off before the engine starts.

I open the black box but I can't see any component which could be have some trouble on the MDI Power bord. The command is made only with electronical parts, without any relay.

Is anyone has already seen something like this ?

Soory, it might be not on the right forum

Last edited:
Hello,

I have some touble with my D1-30F engine since a few moment, when the motor is hot, I can't restart it, the electronic switches off before the engine starts.

I open the black box but I can't see any component which could be have some trouble on the MDI Power bord. The command is made only with electronical parts, without any relay.

Is anyone has already seen something like this ?

Soory, it might be not on the right forum

You will have better luck if you were to post your question in the Volvo Penta Diesel Engine forum.

Ayuh,... Is this a Diesel motor,..??

No Bill...... the D1-30F is a Diesel Engine! :):D

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-cat-7746500.aspx

Hi,

sorry for the delay.

yes it is a diesel engine.

I verify the connctions, they seem to be clean, there is no big voltage drop (from 14V to 13.7V mesured by my voltmeter)

And I have no more idea

Last edited:
bondo : I can't find my MDI box on the link you gave. Mine has no relay inside, only electronical parts. Do you know where I can have speficiations for the MDI box ?

bondo : I can't find my MDI box on the link you gave. Mine has no relay inside, only electronical parts. Do you know where I can have speficiations for the MDI box ?

Ayuh,.... Rick posted the link, not me,....
Rick gets upset when I call our power plants "Motors",....
Anyways, I clicked the link, scrolled down to the Electrcial section, 'n found this,....
28640.jpg

Is the motor not turnin' over, or turnin' over, 'n not startin',..??

Ayuh,....
Rick gets upset when I call our power plants "Motors",....

Bill, I don't get upset...... I just like to tease you guys who call an Engine a Motor! :D

Motors are typically electric, hydraulic, steam, pneumatic, etc, or any device that requires power from a remote source..... I.E., a generator, a hydraulic pump, a steam boiler, an air compressor and so on.
An Engine converts a fuel source directly into power right there at the apparatus.

But back on task here....
I too would like to know if his engine is not turning over.... or if it is turning over but simply not firing.

Last edited:
I can fix the problem ;), it is the temperature sensor which is broken.

When I disconnect it, the engine starts again. There is an error on the panel but the engine is starting.

I change it very soon

Bad news
frown.png

I change the temperature sensor and... Nothing changes.... When too hot, arround 49°C the engine doesn't start...
disgust.png

The voltage on the sensor is a little bit low 4.9 V in place of 5V....

Is anyone knows what is the resistance of the sensor when the motor is in alarm ?

Back