Logo

Water pump problems

jiwatson

I have a motor that has no identification,has90hp cover. I'm trying to replace the water pump.The water pump housing has a number 389643 and an M separate from the number. I can't find this anywhere. Could anybody help me.

Just take your water pump parts to the nearest boat shop.---Easy for them to get the correct parts.----Note----Most 90 hp motors since about 1980 take the same pump.

I have a motor that has no identification,has90hp cover.
For future reference, it would be good for you to get a positive ID on the motor. In the event you need to replace model specific parts it will be helpful to have the exact model number to make ordering easy.

KJ

I have a motor that has no identification,has90hp cover. I'm trying to replace the water pump.The water pump housing has a number 389643 and an M separate from the number. I can't find this anywhere. Could anybody help me.

The M in an angled box is an OMC trademark.

Post 6 pictures of the motor .---Some with cowling off too.
^^^^^^^ This for sure ^^^^^^^^ :D

A picture is worth a thousand words. Is the OEM tag missing from the port side transom bracket? Obviously this also could have been switched out too, but if you get a pic of that and the other images racerone mentioned it will tell a lot.

You should have a tag similar to this one on the port side transom bracket. If it's an older motor it will be an aluminum stamped tag but the format should look close.
OMCID.JPG

Not sure why outboard builders were allowed to use cheap plastic decals on these big $$$ items.----Not allowed in the automotive field !

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics. I was able to cross reference numbers on water.pump housing and find what I needed. Thanks for the patience. I also found a pic of a1985 90 hp and it looked like mine.

Back