Logo

1993 Mercury 75HP 2 stroke. Charging

Thanks to the team on this site I found what I bought on the back of the 22' pontoon is A 1993 2 stroke 75HP . I've taken the carbs off and cleaned then and it's running like A charm. The charging system however isn't working. Does anyone out there have the diagnostic procedure for checking this out ? I've ordered A repair manual but haven't recieve it and since it covers many years and horsepowers im not sure how indepth it will be . Thanks y'all in advance !!

They don't make that rect/reg anymore and thekit is a mounting bracket ,bolts to change it to the new style rect/reg. Do not buy used electrical from Slezebay...

Hey Pappy, can you elaborate more on this changeover kit ? I got the aftermarket rectifier (new but probably China or Korean) and now my yellow wires from the charging coil are getting too hot to touch. Charging good though 14.5 volts. I’m thinking maybe that would help , what do you think ? If I didn’t already have this oriental box coming I would’ve looked more into the conversion you suggested. Live and learn . ��

Back