Logo

1972 65 hp evinrude triumph. Help .

kimcrwbr1; Went to parts store and bought a ground bar about twelve hookups and fuse box with closing cover there the new fuse's not old type more less car fuses and a variety pack of fuses too about 10 hookups. Got to figure which switches to get and a master power switch for it. But for now this will be plenty to do,a placing them and mounting lights, anker , doing floor rest of the way, and securing all the wires and steering cable. I will keep ya posted and thanks.

Well kimcrwbr1; I finally have it all done except roll up jack for trailer which will be here 1rst week April. Then I will take it for 1rst test drive. Will post ya on how it goes. Got me 4 chic's the other day 2 Rhode island reds an two barred rocks here is a picture of them and thanks again for all help y'all gave me too.

DSCN0417.jpg

The reds were just two days old an barred rocks were 2 wks so keeping them separated till reds get bigger.

Last edited:
IMG_20180405_145824.jpgWell finally went for test drive. Did good at low speeds but when I tried to gas it it would die back , so I spent about 4 hours just idling it and was still nice being out first time. I think it maybe the hi side coil is bad that fires under a load. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks racerone , I didn't know that the reason I said it is my brother told me it did last night. He has had a few evinrudes a little larger size and and said his had them and the high side coil went out more than once. But thanks for that information. I think if I remember right his motor was a 115 hp evinrude or larger. He said when you put it under a load it would die like mine did. I the yard the motor will rev up just fine. He said they have a low side and High side. I don't know myself.

Last edited:
Does timer base rotate ?-----Open up the low speed mixture screws 1/8 turn and test run again.----Repeat if need be.

Hey everyone, just thought I would stop in and say hi. My boat is doing fine and it's unbelievable seeing how old it is. Again thanks to all who helped me here to make this an awesome and dependable boat.

DSCN0437.jpg

Hey everyone just stopping by to say hi and say the boat still doing great. :)
kimcrwbr1 you doing ok? Still appreciate your help and others here who helped me. :cool: THANKS AGAIN.

Still going.

:eek:

pYo3-3K1H_SxnCwGytrnq_vbga1TL4tThvVPjydXvBV6I2R8UkZBw1YKCpWSlPX1z2215ziZuBczMJPJ9p81P-jlMebPdolN2ZcIpO2d_W_72yPTmMq-o56H5vJWd-g4SrqDE1CorXafY4XLT2VbPFXe7brkgB1jaW9g7qgD8mNubEkaLb60Vl6mVOI5PFDAaF2ReGXTPrkyL2lbhFV7JfiD8efnx65VwVBZ3QtiNiaYjyUgDvmnz7riUS9sHoaz7Gj2R_C1JsYE9TcVLcZKQcw1hXkKcE_D7LCbPszrMK7RMyzdD0uobDy36DiUbbHxFfPh4cwuIMDX-CEqkAV-I0lqkEzd3LDYLmJNGxP75LTX6CuBknvDbXxl1Argzqks-LFrbSj_U1pIgdpv9unWZIGp5Ui7yEf7CiK5ihHBjTzk_4sS_hTRYhM_KzQ4eko-ahDr4tNnBycoZybCqywvN5qwmgaGo8qxRaPJI5H--C-QJP4j822o5aLMsiZU0JuMCKAbTCyr5tqsXT9H0o9G4GEYP9dNnQmF5suyo07jRVRaegnMc1VCnHA_mTk5taYYOYCVdjL4IPqD-lDqWMo57DuDAgyRFJaRvaXS4DO9Iun-yTXO_DAYD7lzDgz_sb1fJMXlVHfvq-EKVdOaIXXGF6t-BdVzPrU=s1009-no

Back