Logo

volvo penta 5.7 gi-b ---no spark or fuel --help!!

FORDPW460

new to the board and the site...seems you guys are pretty sharp.....see if you can possibly help me!!!
this is exactly what I have going, but I do not see a relay on the front as he described. ???

turn the key on, one long beep (as normal), turns over fine. good compression all 8 holes.

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?288211-Which-outdrive-is-it&goto=nextoldest

I got a 2002 four winns funship, 5.7 GI-B with Volvo SX drive, I have no spark or fuel pumps going....here is what I have done

replaced the coil AND ignition module 3 times, independently, with 1 known good, 1 new aftermarket, and 1 Volvo OEM. (all in different configs)

checked the neutral safety switch, and the lanyard, and jumpered them both, same result.

checked all fuses and relays, and swapped relays with known good ones.

checked the ignition switch, and then even replaced it. same result.

removed distributor cap and looked for anything obvious...(burned contacts etc) nothing

problem is whatever it is, is affecting BOTH systems.....ANY IDEAS??? thanks!!!

Maybe the relay for the ECM is bad or has dirty connectors or a bad fuse. Clean all connectors with electrical cleaner sand all grounds metal to metal. Inspect for burnt/broken wires use dielectric grease to put the connectors together.

I did all you mentioned EXCEPT relay for the ECM??? I am unaware if this relay and I thought I had/have checked it all. The other guy in that post said same thing..."relay in the front"...here i gondigging! Thanks for the tip.

Back