Logo

Evinrude "14" ????

Sure facts for you.------- It is the 9.9 / 15 hp power head.----Has an adapter to fit it all on the older 20 hp midsection and lower unit.----Marketed as a " commercial " motor.----A neat way to clear out old inventory of 20 hp parts !!!

Sure facts for you.------- It is the 9.9 / 15 hp power head.----Has an adapter to fit it all on the older 20 hp midsection and lower unit.----Marketed as a " commercial " motor.----A neat way to clear out old inventory of 20 hp parts !!!

I'll be darn!... Did you ever get to see / work on one of those? I'd be curious to see what the differences in components are (carb, fuel pump, ignition etc...) obviously it has the electric starter too.

????----It is marketed as a 14 HP model !---There is no need for anything to be different as a " commercial " model either.----It is a MARKETING concept that appears to be hard for some to grasp !!

????----It is marketed as a 14 HP model !---There is no need for anything to be different as a " commercial " model either.----It is a MARKETING concept that appears to be hard for some to grasp !!

Well thank you kindly.... and sorry for the trouble, didn't mean to upset you pumpkin!

I appreciate your candid input, SuperT, but I think I am mature enough to know how to address anyone, particularly after having been (in not so veiled terms) demeaned for absolutely no reason.

I could send you back to another reply that was "uncalled for" in its form, in case you didn't catch that one.

Yes, there are things that "hard for me to grasp!!" being not so bright, and lacking notoriously in outboard motors education, which is precisely why I frequent this great forum, and appreciate the input of all those who are kindly willing to assist me without feeling it necessary to point out to my retardation on the matter.

And in the event where you would feel the urge to lecture me further, please do so on PM's so as not to annoy the membership, here for other purposes.

I appreciate your candid input, SuperT, but I think I am mature enough to know how to address anyone, particularly after having been (in not so veiled terms) demeaned for absolutely no reason.

I could send you back to another reply that was "uncalled for" in its form, in case you didn't catch that one.

Yes, there are things that "hard for me to grasp!!" being not so bright, and lacking notoriously in outboard motors education, which is precisely why I frequent this great forum, and appreciate the input of all those who are kindly willing to assist me without feeling it necessary to point out to my retardation on the matter.

And in the event where you would feel the urge to lecture me further, please do so on PM's so as not to annoy the membership, here for other purposes.

O key-dokey pumpkin, have a nice day

OK, that's not that far from me. I have a retired LEO/childhood friend that lives in St Germain and some more friends in Presque Isle. Nice area.

Having lived most of my life in WI and now down here it's a real bi*#h. 84* today.

Right now is a "fresh" 10deg. We need the cold to hang in there and more snow this coming week until we get through the "Birkie" next T-F-S.
After that it can get warm and we can get ready for ice out on the lakes....sometime in May probably...LOL

Back