Logo

ECM testing

Cason

I have a 2003 Johnson/Suzuki 115 EFI four stoke outboard. I starting having problems going into safe mode after 30 mins of run, tested high temp sensor and the basic standard test. I was concerned that I was getting a reading of 180' plus at the thermostat and normal 145 at the block. I r r thermostat out of drill and water impeller, which showed signs of overheating but intact. tested on the hard ran 10 minutes then quit, no spark to all four plugs. Keep in mind this whole deal started when it would go into safe and run at 3K then finally quit. Other bit of info, when running on the hard i experienced a slight skip only once in a few minute or so. I greatly appreciate any direction with the ECM input test IE , input voltage and which wires. I am in the outdoor power equipment business, if anyone needs help in that arena, I am your guy!!

Do you have the factory service manual for this motor ??

I do, everything pinged out correctly, but I was getting some inconsistent readings. Ended up being a faulty oil pressure switch, unit would run for 10 o 30 minutes then go into safe mode. RR OPS and good to go.

Tank you

Back