Logo

Envinrude 4HP only runs fully choked

It could be a blockage in the cooling circuit coming out of the head to the leg which brings me back to pulling the head to check the water jacket.

Yes but can that "restrictor tube" have any effect on engines performance? The parts drawings don't even show it but I know it's there..This seems to be an unusual problem with this little motor.I have pulled the head on this motor to clean coolant passages and all seems to be well there.I appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Just because it has SPARK on both wires does not mean it is RUNNING on both. For one thing, you could have a bad spark plug. You need to disable one at a time to make sure both are firing. One way is to remove and ground the plug wires, one at a time, checking to see if either makes any difference in the way it runs.

And why do you say they are " not shown " as item # 7 is 323447 and # 9 is 323448 they are shown.------No they will not cause the problem you have.----Some trouble shooting has to be done on this motor !

I have a friend who uses an ultra-sonic cleaner on his carbs. It' get junk out of passages that carburetor cleaner won't touch. I haven't tried it myself.

Back