Logo

DT15 starts ok, but wont keep running

enginedude

have a DT15 , last time it was running was about 2 years ago.
ran and started fine.
i went to start it the other day , it starts ok , but it wont keep running , if it idles it idles not for long. and i can maybe keep it running if i play with accelerator.
fuel primer bulb pumps up hard.
fuel goin in and coming out of filter.

i took carby apart ( twice ) and blew it out with air duster , everything seemed fine.
i then took fuel pump apart , and from what i could see everything seemed fine.
yet it still does the same.

the only thing i can think of is that its the fuel pump. is there any way to check it ?

mk

What happens when you operate the manual pump to try and keep it running.------If it sat for 2 years with fuel in the carburetor it needs cleaning.-----I am not there to look at it but sounds like you missed something in the carburetor !

What happens when you operate the manual pump to try and keep it running.------If it sat for 2 years with fuel in the carburetor it needs cleaning.-----I am not there to look at it but sounds like you missed something in the carburetor !

okay , tried it again this morning , and i just realized it runs and idles longer with the choke on. tried pressing the primer bulb while running - no differance,
mk

If you have to use choke it clearly points to a blockage within the carburetor !!----You have to look for wee holes and passage ways.

wow, i t ended up being a external air bleed ? . that was blocked, it screws in from outside of carby.
when i took it out i could see the holes on side of screw and they where clear.
what i didnt realize was in the end of it there was a TINY hole which was blocked. ( to me it look liked it was solid brass on end of screw.) i couldnt even budge blockage with air compresser, guy ended up using throttle cleaner and a tiny drill bit. idles and runs great. !
mk

Back