Logo

Tahatsu 50hp want start DFI

Krw62756

Put a new 850cca battery light was on, changed fuel filters, changed fuel line bubble,checked plugs, purged oil lines and fuel lines. New fuel too. Hasn’t been run in 6-7 years
I can spray carb cleaner in fuel body starts then dies. Tried it all lost please advise. Out of ideas.

Last edited:
What is a fuel line bubble? The primer bulb? If it runs on carb cleaner but not on its own, you are clearly not getting fuel. Assuming this is a TLDI (what is your actual model)? What are the fuel and air pressures?

Thank you for the reply my internet was down tried replying on my phone but I don’t think you got it. The motor is a 50 hp Nissan marine ( Tahatsu) build outboard NSD50 And is TLDI. Not sure of the pressure and didn’t know I had to add pressure to air and fuel valve stem. Need to learn a lot aparantly. Any help would be appreciated retired on SSD can’t afford a shop. I’ve always worked on cars and such but this new technology has me going crazy lol, past my knowledge level but with some help might get to go fishing this year. Yes replaced the primer bulb cleaned and replaced all filters, blead all the lines oil and gas. The valve stems air and fuel have pressure but I didn’t add it just from turning engine over. Like I said I can spray carberator choke cleaner and it starts and will run as long as I continue spraying. So I know it’s fuel but that’s all I know. The battery was bad so I replaced it with a 850cca battery. What’s next and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

What is a fuel line bubble? The primer bulb? If it runs on carb cleaner but not on Nissan Tohatsu Outboard Forumits own, you are clearly not getting fuel. Assuming this is a TLDI (what is your actual model)? What are the fuel and air pressures?

Ideally you would have the Factory Service manual. Test the fuel and air pressures. Odds are you have clogged injectors.

Back