Logo

2001 Johnson 25hp carbie adjustment

bugzie

hey all I'm new to this site. I have a j25rvlsid 2001 Johnson 25hp motor. I just bought the motor and the last guy told me that he cleaned the carbie put it back together and now it doesn't run. before I rebuild the carbie I would like to try adjusting the carbie to a basic tune to see if I can get it running again. what is the process of adjusting the carbie to a basic tune. and wen I start and run it how do I fine tune the carbie. I notice there are two idle screws one on the top left. thats the one the guy tried playing with and one in the middle. what are the two mixture screws for. I believe the middle is the idle screw but I don't know what the mixture screw on the top left is for if it is a mixture screw. thanks in advance.

Carburetors are often blamed for problems.------And I believe there is only one idle mixture adjusting needle.-----I would start with a compression test.----Then check for good spark.----Has water pump impeller been replaced ?

thanks to no one on this site I've fixed the problem. only one idle mixture screw which is top left. I had to adjust both idle and throttle and adjust the butterfly. thanks for the no help from everyone. thanks raceone that was the first thing I did wen I got the motor was compression test and check for spark. the dude gapped the spark plug to a very small gap which I regapped back to the rite size with a feeler gauge. now its running beautifully

I did tell u the last owner did rebuild the carbie and now it won't run so. which is why I bought the motor off him knowing its a carbie problem. so first step is to adjust carbie to a basic tune and go from there. and I managed to get a basic tune to start motor and from there fine tune while motor is running. once I got the tune right it was just a matter of adjusting the idle as there is no real timing adjustment on these motors.

Back