Logo

Baffled

waz57

Contributing Member
Hi all well Ive had a real sticky problem I just rebuilt my 1977 60 hp Mariner everything was okay it just wouldnt start it had spark plenty of compression 169 and 170 but no go. But there is a second problem it just wont pump water up , Ive had the leg off that many times and there is nothing wrong with it put the leg into water to the cavation plate and pumps out the top of the pump it even does it free stannding with the ear muffs. I found out with the water issue it was the impeller but when full assembled it still wouldnt pump up the water ????? the only thing diffenent was I put another leg but the pipe etc was all good but I took it off anyway to check it but I couldnt find a thing wrong. ?????? Then I made the decison to remove the power head but first I took off the starter motor then the flywheel that cam off very easyI got the torch out because the key from the grankshft will just go south and then youll need to clean yourself up hands grease etc. I couldnt see the key and then I see it it had snapped itself in two that would explain the water pump not pushing the water up I had a couple of second hand ones but no I had better buy a couple of new ones. So time to put it all back together and try and start again. No one picked the fault and I had given up

Attachments

• Decal 1.jpg
    Decal 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 15
Back