Logo

VRO for 40-50 hp or more

Eugene1001220

What are the differences between VRO 5007421 (for 40-50 hp) and VRO 5007420( for more powered engines)? Why i can't use 5007421 on 90 hp? How to distinguish 5007420 from 5007421 if there is no marking?

I think it has to do with the air motor housing.----To do with the fuel OUT fitting orientation.----Therefor a different part # is used.

?----50:1 is 50:1 no matter what size the motor !----Looked into repair kits for VRO.-----Are there different part #'s for the various different VRO pumps kits and air motor piston / fuel piston ?

?----50:1 is 50:1 no matter what size the motor !----Looked into repair kits for VRO.-----Are there different part #'s for the various different VRO pumps kits and air motor piston / fuel piston ?
Reasonable... I found only one repair kit.. Oh! Electronic block! Alarm system! Different determination of RPM, different magneto pulses? Im apologize, when i said "fuel quantity" i mean quantity of gasoline with oil, which vro has to pump to carb, but not a proportion. 90 hp needs more fuel, than 40hp. is 5007421 able to pump so much fuel as 90 hp needs?

The 2 cylinder motors have always had different VRO pumps than the larger motors. Stay with the correct part #s for your motor. The air motor on the pump is only run off of one cylinder so it does not care how big the motor is. My guess is there is a design difference internally with the pump itself.

Last edited:
The 2 cylinder motors have always had different VRO pumps than the larger motors. Stay with the correct part #s for your motor. The air motor on the pump is only run off of one cylinder so it does not care how big the motor is. My guess is there is a design difference internally with the pump itself.
I have Selva Portofino 80hp (italian engine). Vro pump was installed before i bought it. In manual discribed other oil system. Now vro is broken, i need new. i even don't know wich model of vro is installed(5007421 or 5007420). It is impossible to find technical data for Selva. National dealer in my country does not know anything. Manufacturer ignores my messages and keeps silence. NEVER BY SELVA)) I found on ebay VRO pump for good price, but 5007421. And so, i decided to ask if somebody has used 5007421 on more powered motors.

Put up a pic of the motor and pump. Sounds like someone retrofitted a different pump onto your motor.
Here is! Photo is what i have, diagram - parts manual for my Selva Portofino. in the photo you can see cdi box(above vro), it is also absent on diagram.
VRO is on starboard, original oil system should be on portside. Hardly this modernization was made by some resourceful person. Probably, Selva marine stoled vro from omc because of not working own oil sistem.

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 33
  • CIMG1050_1.jpg
    CIMG1050_1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
Back