Logo

NS 9.9 B2 cowl seal

x4flatfish

Looking for the cowl seal for a 1993 9.9 Nissan. Part not listed and I am wondering if there is a replacement that will work? Considering 3PN675010M but not sure it will work? Any insight appreciated. Also ordered a replacement gasket/seal for the pull start opening in cowl. It is different than original. Has it been changed/upgraded?

Thanks for any help with these questions!

You do realize that the parts catalog for that motor is from 1992. More than 25 years ago. Very obsolete. Few parts available.

That seal should work. You will need some adhesive to hold it in place, and will need to cut it to length.

Originally, the top cowl was sold as a single piece. As long as your replacement gasket fits, go with it.

You do realize that the parts catalog for that motor is from 1992. More than 25 years ago. Very obsolete. Few parts available.

That seal should work. You will need some adhesive to hold it in place, and will need to cut it to length.

Originally, the top cowl was sold as a single piece. As long as your replacement gasket fits, go with it.

Of use I realize this is an old motor. Have been a little surprised at the number of parts that are available. It runs well and would like to fix it up so it looks as good as it runs. 3m weather strip adhesive will be my choice, unless you can recommend something better.

Thanks for the reply.

Back