Logo

Engine flushing and weep hole flow

flabob1

Regular Contributor
Engine F115TXRZ 2001 . A Just bought a used engine and changed the water pump. Hooked the water to it and had flow but not from the weep hole on the right rear side of the engine. Checked for blockage checked OK as far back as I could go. On the water during a test run there was water flowing. I started the engine with the ears on and I had flow. This is the first engine I have seen that you have to start the engine to get flow out the weep hole. Is that true for this engine ???

I when you initially tested with engine cold, this is why you didn't see water exiting from all possible cooling water exits. The stats were closed, thus not allowing water to completely flow around banks. When engine is warm stats are open, and thus you'll notice a larger volume of water exiting lower unit.

That sounds right when the engine gets warm . But the engine was cold and when we started the engine we got water from the weep hole right away and not with the ears on it without the engine running. All other water flow outlets had water without the engine not running.

I don't know what to tell ya other than if the engine is not overheating it's a good indication water is flowing where it needs to flow.

Back