Logo

No oil alarm sound (beeping) on 1986 V200

g2cn

How do I test to see if my oil sensor is bad (12430a4)?
Where can I find the steps to test my oil warning module (41470a11) ?
Should the beep emanate from the oil warning module or from some other area??

Sorry...I am a noob....but could not pass up a 1984 ranger 392 with a 200hp motor...for $450...including tandem axle trailer with brakes !
Never had an outboard. this is turning into a great learning experience. Motor had not run in 15+ years. I rebuilt carbs and fuel pump. had sprayed and turned some oil in the cylinders about a month before test firing. Fresh gas and oil and she turned right over.

Engine runs with water to the "headphones"...I am a noob....but know to run water thru it when it runs.....never heard beeping. pulled the plugs and there is traces of oil on them. smokes like a chimney so I know there is oil mixing in the fuel....

Please be kind to the new guy.....

Need to see if oil injection has been bypassed as it may be converted to pre-mix......

Not converted. Still have oil tank on engine and plastic portable tank. all still connected. oil sensor in top tank replaced with new. oil tank was removed and cleaned. not sure how to test the first small sensor on the oil injection pump. cant find specs for it. Ohm reading should be ??

Start it up and unplug blue wire on sensor...alarm should go off. Its a rotational sensor

Thank you. I just finished pulling the pump apart. I thought the sensor was a fluid sensor. Boy was I wrong. I will try this out this weekend. I GREATLY appreciate your help. I am not a technician....but I can follow simple directions. Cheers...

Start it up and unplug blue wire on sensor...alarm should go off. Its a rotational sensor

Thanks again.....
back to one of my initial questions....where does the "beep" sound emanate from? the module? an alarm elsewhere on the boat?
Never had an outboard before. Everyone talks about the beeping in the forum...but I could not find this answer in the threads I searched.

Many thanks for your kindness....

also need to add the the motor has been removed from the hull and placed on a stand. If the beeping does not emanate from the module....that would explain it. which wires would I clip a "horn" to in order to pick up the warning signal? The horn under the dash was destroyed and non-functional.

Thank you. I just finished pulling the pump apart. I thought the sensor was a fluid sensor. Boy was I wrong. I will try this out this weekend. I GREATLY appreciate your help. I am not a technician....but I can follow simple directions. Cheers...

thank you for being kind to the ignorant questions. found a small 12v buzzer. once I got it hooked to the correct leads.....beep on start.
thanks again.....

Back