Logo

need a lower unit rebuild kit

LoganB

Hi all! I have a 1982 Chrysler Sea King, 15hp, 2 cylinder. Model# VWB 52119C Serial # 28x 25557
I just popped the bottom fill screw on the lower unit to check the oil (see if there was any metal or water) and I found it to be very milky and streaked. So, I know I have to pull it off and replace the seals/gaskets. Does anyone know of a kit I can buy online? Need to make sure it's the correct one as there are 4 options in the book. I'd also like the water pump kit included if possible because if I'm pulling the lower unit, I might as well do it all. Also, if you have any links to where I can locate a new prop for this engine I'd like that link as well. My prop has these numbers stamped on it : 8 X 8 1/4 R.H. 430265-1. I only want links to metal props as mine is plastic and it makes me nervous to run a plastic prop when I don't know what I might possibly hit. I only run fresh water but, still...
Any reply links are appreciate. Thanks again, guys!!

OK. So I figured out the lower unit seal kit conundrum. And the water pump kit will be simple enough..
Still need to know about the prop, please. Where can I find an aluminum one and what pitch should I go with for better top end performance?

Back