Logo

2008 Regal express duo prop service

FstaRockr Burns

Regular Contributor
Hi all.. servicing a 2008 regal with 350 chevy volvo. I have the outdrive SN: 4202160418, model DP-SM. What lube do these use? Can I use any marine gear lube?

Also - Engine oil and plugs, I run mobile diesel truck delvac oil 15-40w in my 74 searay, this shd be fine right?

And plugs/gap? Cant find owners manual anywhere..

thanks

Also - I found volvo specs synthetic gear oil, is that absolutely necessary? Just curious - thanks. I have some mystik marine 75w-90 gl6 stuff I use in all the mercruisers.. seems to work well..

re:" I have some mystik marine 75w-90 gl6 stuff I use in all the mercruisers.. seems to work well.."

But in any Volvo drive since the late 60s, will cause expensive damage.

Mr. Burns, all due respect and no offense intended.............. are you working on a boat for another person and are you charging for this service?
IOW, are you performing service work for what would be considered a customer?

If so..... it would be best if this work was performed by a fully and professionally experienced Volvo Penta engine/stern drive technician..... especially with the Duo Prop drive.

I say this because if a mistake is made, you will want to know that a Duo Prop gear set alone can run as much as $2,200.... and that does not include the 6 to 8 hours of set-up time, plus any bearings that will be required.
I would hate to see you become responsible for damage that would result in such a large expense!

Last edited:
Back