Logo

Please Help!!! Found older merc in grandpas shop...

Chasinggreen

I found an older model merc tiller in my grandpas shop but he doesn’t remember much about it. Said I can have it. It needs a points kit and basic rebuild, but I can’t find any info on it online this is the only number I can find on the motor. Serial: 4274800 whenever I do a search I can’t find anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!
imagepng

What hp ?-----What colour is it ?-------A 2 / 4 / 6 cylinder motor ?
My dad tells me it’s a 9.9, but says he’s not %100. all I know for sure is it’s a black 2 cylinder tiller I think it has 45 on the cowling i’ll Double check that tomorrow and try to get some better pics as well.

Post the facts.-----I don't think they marketed a 9.9 in the " old days " -----Maybe a 9.8 model ?---But those did not have 45 on the cowling !!

Ok so I was incorrect last night. I was thinking of a motor I just got done with sorry for the confusion. this motor is a black mercury tiller. Serial number: 427480. Has 45 on the cowling. Only has 1 cylinder?? Sort but i’m having Issues uploading pics from my phone.?
imagepng
imagejpeg

Sorry �� Today is just not my day for typing serial number 4274800, black mercury tiller with 45 on the cowling, and only 1 cylinder.(only 1 spark plug).��

1975 model 4.5 HP ----Will need a new water pump impeller for sure.

Thank you so much!!! Sorry for all the confusion i’m Currently fighting the flu and can’t think straight to save my life LOL... I’m really excited to get this thing running he gave me a sears jon boat and this motor and it’ll be awesome to teach his great granddaughter to fish from the same boat he taught my dad...

and thats a big 10-4 on the water pump impeller.

Back