Logo

BF225 A vtec air vent tube need some help please

aussieav8r

Hi to all hope I can get a small bit of help just refitted the manifolds on my 225A and for all the work I am left with a small 6mm line with a check valve type thing on the end , it comes off the airvent tube "B" as described in the manual but that where it gets tricky the manual does not show it on the tube or where it might connect I have everything else sorted is this just a vent for the main hose or should it actually fit on something I will try and add the image any help would be appreciated regards Tommy myengine (3).jpg

I still can't figure it out, but if you have the Helm shop manual, look on page 2-45 which gives all of the pipe connections over the next several pages.

If that piece is indeed the check valve, item #17 (PN 36135-ZY6-003), and sits in the clamp (item #1) then one end connects to a T connector, part 16, as shown in the diagram, and the other end connects to a rather long fuel hose (item #12) that goes to the VST. There are two horizontal nipples coming of the VST, and that hose appears to connect to the top one. That's according to the diagram on page 2-45 of my Helm shop manual.

According to the shop manual, that is the pressure regulator return hose.

Having said all that, I could be totally wrong. Don't have personal experience with that, just looking at the manual.

Hope that helps. If it doesn't, come back at us.

I spoke with a rep[air shop and the guy said it goes no where its simply a vent , my issue now is I get a long beep now the engine is running

Spoke with a repair guy and he said it goes no where its simply a vent now I get a full on beeeeeep when its running never had it before I have also noticed water coming out of the crank case cover right behind the support plate for all the plugs, it would appear this engine has never been cleaned and has issues inside , the leak is coming from what looks to be a nipple and only pumps out when the engine is doing above 3000 rpm , from the look of a couple of bolts its been doing it for a while, I will tap the nipple and plug it I think just need to sort out the beeeep

If you are getting an alarm, then there will normally be a fault code. That will help you hone in on the issue. So pull the fault codes. If you don't know how, send an e-mail to me at [email protected] and I'll send back the procedure. It's very simple to do.

As for the leak, can you locate it on one of the parts diagrams on boats.net? If so, that would be helpful to better understand that issue.

Back