Logo

timing 2.5 mercury 150 XR6

ivlakeman

got a new timing tool its a dial indicator that goes in # 1 hole first I got the piston on top dead checked timing mark on flywheel it was dead on 0 ok next I counter clock piston to 3.81 MM down = (25 degrees timing ) checked my timing the mercury mark on flywheel was at 28 degrees not 25 deg did this two more times same thing setting on 28 deg ..... so should I run it at 28 deg indicator timing.... are mercury marked 25 deg...........2.5 mercury 150 Velocity Stacks exhaust tuner short one Boyesen power reeds

yep its gone.... do you know how much it advanced on top n is n the module ???.... I think the timing marks are off on the flywheel because of the module advance on it it was dead on 28 deg at the .150 recommended for 25 deg I had it set at 24 deg and it was ok... but today I ran it up to 28 deg mark on the flywheel wow the hole shot was amazing I was shocked didn't top it out water was to bad but the other day it ran 60 gps at 5800 trophy plus 24 at 20 deg 18.6 champion bass boat loaded no jack plate but its next

Last edited:
Back