Logo

115 four stroke engine bogs doesn’t miss or cutout

Stevekfisher

Just filled top half of the tank with non methanol gas. Launched my pontoon ran up to 6 grand ran perfectly then started bogging it never missed or cut out just like you threw the anchor out. Got it to my dock and parked it. 08 suntracker. The I Realized I had the main power switched “off”. Earlier I Had noticed just touching the trim switch affected itrunning for a second seemed like an electrical surge changed the running of it. One guy says the main power was the problem. One guy says no way won’t affect the running. And tells me drain the water fuel separator should be a petcock on the bottom. I can’t seem to figure that one out it’s in the water on a lift so not easy to do but can’t find a drain valve. Any help????? Also what else to try.

I am not an expert but just a couple of thought... If you didn't have the main power on, you may not have been getting full voltage for good spark. Touching the trim robbed system even more of voltage. Just a thought.
You did not say what engine you are running. Each carb (if you have them should have a 10mm plug at the base of the float chamber. You could remove, let it drain and put them back. My separator is a spin on (like an oil filter), I just unscrew mine and dump it in a container and look at the fuel for water, put it back on

Sorry you did say the engine, so you are probably fuel injected. I'm betting on the low voltage

Last edited:
Back