Logo

1985 Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke leaking carburertor

patrickp

1985 Yamaha 9.9 F9.9SK 4 stroke carb # 6G900.. i have fuel leaking out of the side of the carb. on one side facing the motor you see the tag plate 6G900 on the other there is a hole and 3 bras plugs. the hole is where the fuel is leaking out of. how do i fix this and what parts.. thanks

The carburetor sat for about 3 month. before that the young fisherman i am helping dose not know much more about it. He bought it off line... i pulled the float bowl off checked the float did not feel like it was holding fuel. I also pulled the float needle valve it looked new. I do all the work on all my outboards but this one has got me stumped. You think i should get a full rebuild kit..pic of where the fuel is coming out of facing the motor...
Yamaha carb 2.jpg

Attachments

• Yamaha carb 1.jpg
    Yamaha carb 1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Yamaha carb 3.JPG
    Yamaha carb 3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 76
I have a 1985 yamaha f9.9sk I need help with as well. It runs great but not winding out like it should. Im only able to get it up to 9mph and at full throttle it bogs down and dies after a few minutes if I don't let off. It starts idles and runs great other than that. Any idea what the problem is? Its pushing a 16ft v bottom alumimum boat

Back