Logo

quaestion for joe reeves

phillnjack

Regular Contributor
Hello mr reeves
is there a way I can use the sensor that was in the vro system as a low fuel warning ?
I have a 1995 triple evinrude 60/70 hp and have the vro completely disconnected etc.
no oil tank and the old style fuel pump .

I was wondering if I can fit he sensor inside a portable fuel tank and fit the old wires back up some how to give a low fuel warning ?

would be handy to have a low fuel warning on the buzzer.

or would this mess with the ignition ?

(1) Is there a way I can use the sensor that was in the VRO system as a low fuel warning?
(2) I have a 1995 triple Evinrude 60/70 hp and have the VRO completely disconnected etc. No oil tank and the old style fuel pump .
(3) I was wondering if I can fit he sensor inside a portable fuel tank and fit the old wires back up some how to give a low fuel warning?
(4) Would this mess with the ignition ?

1 - To my knowledge, that has never been done.
2 - You list the hp as 60/70? Got to be one or the other!
3 - I think unless you are well versed in various fields, you risk blowing yourself out of the water.
4 - That depends on how the wiring is routed.

Sorry to be of no help to you. Innovating has never been my strong side in the marine trade.

2 all the 1995 60hp and 70hp are identical apart from the carbs. as far as I a aware ???

3 ahh yes, i didn't think about the electrical part being a problem, i see what you mean though so I will forget that idea and
get a proper fuel gauge unit
one little spark and Kaboom .

Back