Logo

130tlrp 1991

TEDSAL1940

Boat has been laid up for one year took it out this past weekend new fuel non ethenhol 25 gallons ran engine in drive way ran good put boat in water as soon as i put in gear died only way to move was to hit auto choke switch on and off cant figure out whats wrong can anyone help thanks

Boat has been laid up for one year took it out this past weekend new fuel non ethenhol 25 gallons ran engine in drive way ran good put boat in water as soon as i put in gear died only way to move was to hit auto choke switch on and off cant figure out whats wrong can anyone help thanks

You saying the engine did start after you engaged choke? If the engine hasn't been run in a year, my first thought is the carb's are gummed up...or at least the jets. If you left fuel in the fuel system before storing the engine, yeah, this is most certainly the issue. Pull carbs, jets, and check floats. Make sure ALL jets are pulled and clear of debris. That's where I'd start first. If you can't get it running after doing this, check back and we'll go from there.

Back