Logo

06 bf75a no spark.

Segaula

New here to the forum. I recently picked up a 19 foot McLay aluminum boat with twin honda 75. 2006 year. Had no keys so I had to open up the ignition to try to test motors. There are about 5 or six wires on the ignition key and the only ones that get power when ignition is turned are the black/yellow and black/red(Start only). no power to the others out of the key. Engine cranks at start position but I do not hear a beep when switch turned to on position also no lights(if any) on the control. Any Ideas on how to get a wiring diagram for the motor so I can troubleshoot? TIA

New here to the forum. I recently picked up a 19 foot McLay aluminum boat with twin honda 75. 2006 year. Had no keys so I had to open up the ignition to try to test motors. There are about 5 or six wires on the ignition key and the only ones that get power when ignition is turned are the black/yellow and black/red(Start only). no power to the others out of the key. Engine cranks at start position but I do not hear a beep when switch turned to on position also no lights(if any) on the control. Any Ideas on how to get a wiring diagram for the motor so I can troubleshoot? TIA

well figured it out. read a manual and didn't have the safety lanyard thingy. now its firing

anybody know the spark thread size to get a compression tester to work in it? my automotive compression tester wouldnt fit different thread pitch.

Well it is probably 12mm but many comp testers don't come with that one. Mine didn't have one and couldn't find one without buying a whole new kit so I made one out of a hollowed out spark plug and a quick couple air nipple silver soldered together. Years later I'm still using it but I see more kits that have them now. Check Pep Boys if you have one near by. I believe that's where I've seen them.

Good luck.

Back