Logo

1994 Johnson 90hp issue

joho5

[FONT=&quot]Ok buddies boat has an issue, trying to sort it out.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We ran it today, started perfectly...ran it for about 10 minutes max, got up to 44mph at 5100rpm. Slowed down going into a cove, cut the engine off to piddle around. Piddled around for about 15 minutes and went to start engine to leave and it wouldnt start. Hasnt started yet, wont even try. I figured it was an electrical issue and was just going to verify when we got home so pulled the plugs and turned over and all are sparking bright blue. So a fuel issue? What in the world could have happened in that short time from running perfectly, to nothing at all? We killed the engine on our own will.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any pointers would help.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I dont have a compression tester, but almost positive the compression on the engine is fine. I can go get one tomorrow...but even if it was a compression issue, wouldnt the motor at least start, or try to?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was totally expecting for it to not have any spark...but it wont start on muffs right now either, but spark plugs do have spark.[/FONT]

Your spark has to jump a 7/16" open air gap on a spark tester. Spark plug testing means nothing. Also get that compression checked.

Back