Logo

1999 Yamaha 40 MSHX tiller short shaft

Capt.E

I just purchased this motor and it is all manual, no electric start or power trim and tilt. It is a short shaft. I am trying to figure out how to add power trim and tilt, as well as remote steer. I was told that it was originally an option. Can anyone please help me understand what parts I will need for the trim and tilt conversion?? New brackets and a pump? New swivel bracket? And part numbers or help would be greatly appreciated!!

You can try and find a second hand trim and tilt unit, but they are hard to find ... or you can just mount your motor on a cmc power trim and tilt unit .... Ideally you should have purchased the correct motor that you wanted from the start. I have been looking for a trim and tilt unit for my 85hp Yamaha racing motor and 8 years later I am still looking ... the ones I can find cost the same as the motor itself ......

Sorry forgot about the remote steering, yes you can ad this but you will need to do some modification to the links, my best advice would be to sell and buy what you need.

Back