Logo

DT60 Powerhead Swap on Jet Drive -

DT60

Hi To All - New Member & Require Help on Powerhead Interchangeability To An Existing JetDrive -
Does a DT30 / 40 powerhead have same bolt pattern for interchange with a DT60 ?
Regulations allow up to 40 hp max for my 12 yr old son ... His Boat has a Factory Installed DT60 Jetdrive and require hp / powerhead reduction swap to meet regulations ... Anyone with interchangeability info would truly be appreciated .
Thanks .

Need more information, if he has a DT60/40, he should be fine with a 40hp Restricted waterway. The 40 and 60 power heads use different pumps and impellers.

mphelle , thanks for your response ... I need to re-power to a 40 hp max in order to comply with the 12 yrs of age operator regulations . The boat currently has a factory installed DT60 twin cylinder matched to a jet drive unit . I'd like to swap powerhead from a 30 or 40 hp twin or triple cylinder to meet regulations and use the existing jet drive however do not have information if this swap will bolt-on or interchange on this jet unit or even with any aftermarket parts available ? . Thanks

Like racerone points out, even if you could physically swap powerheads, the 40 could not spin the 60 pump. State regs and water patrol personnel vary widely. If he absolutely must have a 40 powerhead you should sell the 60/40 and buy a 40/28

Back