Logo

2000 Nissan 30A4 - No juice to spark plugs or choke solenoid - starter fires fine.

SUWANNEE

All started with almost starting but then no crank up. Checked all of the peripheral electric connections, replaced with new 850 CA battery, new plugs, cleaned the fuel tank/lines, fuel filter, sea foam in the carb, filter, and cylinders.
It cranked right up and I ran it several miles up the St. Marks River, FL. Cut the engine then tried to restart with no luck (always go upstream when testing). Saw no visible problems so... Took it to a certified Tohatsu/Nissan shop (great guys I've dealt with for years). They diagnosed and replaced the fuel pump and said it was good to go for $202.00. Took it to the river and (again) it almost started but then no crank up. This time I realized a pattern in that the Choke Solenoid clicks as it always should but then does not engage after 3-4 key pushes on the remote box (manual choke doesn't remedy problem either).
I've checked all connections for the remote wiring harness at the engine for juice, and it seems that the remote box is not the problem. I've worked the kill switch as well but am 99.9% that it is not the problem. Electric start is working with no problem but the choke solenoid is non-responsive and I've also discovered there's no juice at the plugs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Smith - Tallahassee, FL

The problem was where I observed "Choke Solenoid clicks as it always should but then does not engage after 3-4 key pushes on the remote box (manual choke doesn't remedy problem either)."

The Choke Solenoid was sticking and causing flooding. Replaced the solenoid and it's now running perfect as it always has.

Back