Logo

Yamaha 150 TXRY 2 stroke 2000 model Jumping out of FORWARD GEAR

Grubbsta

Hi All
Please could you assist with some information, my Yamaha 150 2 Stroke is jumping out of forward gear at 3000 Rpm, The cable adjustment is correct, the top select shaft that connects to the select shaft in the gear box has been replaced, stripped down to inspect. The lower gear select sharft is not worn or twisted.
Found the drive gear forward & Reverse to apear to be in fair condition with what seems to be minimal wear & the back cut of the gears not worn. see photos attached
The Dog gear appears to have minimal wear & the back cut on the gear not worn. see photos attached
When the dog gear is assembled to the output shaft with the detent balls & spring assembled & is moved into the forward position it comes level with the end of the shaft spline, the detent balls are now over the raised detent locator on the internal of the shaft in forward gear position, when in this position I am able to move the Dog gear 2 mm away from the Forward Gear before the detent balls stop against the raised detent section of the shaft, this is still in the selected forward position, is this ment to be.
My other thought is could it be the Detent Spring that has now lost tention, the spring measures 28mm not compressed & when assembling it is not to difficult.
Your kind assistance will be greatly appreciated so I am able to get back on the water.
Cheers Grubbsta

Back