Logo

1966 18 hp evinrude 18602c

John E.Morris

I bought all my rebuild parts from Marine Engine .com and was very well pleased, had it out on the lake, poor power. changed out the fuel pump, ran like a champ for 2 sec, then died. Now I can't get it to run at all. has all new points, magnetos, plugs. I noticed the link and stop is all sloppy and cannot for the life of me figure out where the center hole is supposed to connect . I had the flywheel off yesterday to see if a wire had broken so I probably disconnected the center hole from something. It seems like the center hole on the stop & link should be on a spring to bring the throttle back to idle. I have gone over every available parts blow up several times and don't see a spring. I'm so sorry I did not take photos of the original assembly when I tore this thing down several weeks ago. Was so proud of myself for putting the thing all back together the first time .About to tear my last hair out. Please help.

I was wondering how this hole is fastened, looks like I'm missing a nut on the underside of the mag frame and can't seem to locate a replacement on the parts blow up

​Sorry, I don't have your exact model, but does this look familiar?

Attachments

• 100_1640.jpg
    100_1640.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 58
yes, that's it and it looks like there's a screw holding the middle hole and mine apparently fell out. I'll need to pull off the assembly, reset screw and use plenty of Loctite. Thank you very much

Back