Logo

2014 SailPro carburetor question

jd11265

What is the purpose of 2 short hoses that attach to the carburetor and end up at the botto of the cowling by an exit hole? Looks like they are drain lines; my 2006 Nissan 6hp carburetor looks identical except it does not have these hoses attached to the carb. Inquiring minds need to know 🤔

Thanks Paul. Is there any reason why I cannot exchange a brand new carburetor for a 2006 Nissan 6HP with the carb on the Sail Pro? The new carb does not have the "vents", but I would rather have a 3 year old motor have a new carb that has only had non-ethanol gas run through it....

There are 3 different carbs for the MFS6 (A, B and C) versions. Year is irrelevant, but the 6A dates from about 2002, the B from about 2005, and the C from about 2011. The A version is the earliest, and thus is built to earlier EPA standards... and will idle the best. You probably have a B version (without vent hoses), and a C version (with vents). They all interchange. Whenever I replace a carb on an MFS 4/5/6, I always use the carb for the 6A2, because of the better idle.

Back