Logo

No power at full throttle on my 1971 7.5hp Model 75

DASROOFR

Good morning to all!! I have posted previous problems, with this motor, earlier and thanks to help from this forum I have this little motor on the boat and running. Current problem is that, when in gear the motor flattens out as I accelerate. It seems to work its' best just past the start position on the tiller. If in neutral, it revs just fine. Seems to be running out of fuel??? Wanting to set the float level, but getting that information is difficult, and the float is like nothing I have seen. It is a round float with a hole in the middle. The carburetor is a Mercarb. Any suggestions/advice from you would be appreciated.

Could this be a problem with ignition advance??

Gary

Motor runs smooth, no vibration or rough sound. I can check next time I take her out, I'll just pull plug wires.
Thanks fastjeff, once again.

Gary

Funny you should say that as I found one of the spark plug wires disconnected!!!! Not sure when this happened as I did remove the upper cowling to inspect the carburetor when I was on the water. Could have knocked it off when replacing the cowling, or it may have been disconnected all along. I didn't notice any change in motor behavior after re-installing the cowling so I am believing the wire has been disconnected since I first put it on the water.

Thanks fastjeff.

Gary

..."Funny you should say that as I found one of the spark plug wires disconnected!!!! "

Hah! That'll do it!

Jeff

It did indeed "DO IT"!!!! 46 year old Mercury 7.5hp ran like a new-born!!!! Guess I need to be careful when I reinstall the top cowling???
fastjeff is a saint!!!

Gary

Back