Logo

6HP

bspeth

Regular Contributor
Man I had a heck of a time getting the lower to mate back up with the power head,dont quite know why. I could look up inside the exaust housing and see the slot for the pin and the bottom of the seal assembly,but could not get it in all the way.Finally it just went in easy.Matbe the drive shaft splines,but the shaft would not turn so I donno. I would like to know your thoughts for next time,the kids stayed up way to late because I was busy in the garage.

You have to line up the pin with the slot and rotate the flywheel slowly.----Slides together every time in seconds !!

The trick is to pull the plugs before you start (to make it easy to rotate). Then rotate the flywheel slowly till the pin passes through the slot as you drop the gearcase away. Then Do Not Move the flywheel again till the gearcase is back on.

When you get it off, look at the pin and you will notice it is positioned crosswise across the center line of the gearcase. When you put it back, align the pin crosswise again and you will find everything will slip back together with a minimum of wiggling.

Roger that,will do for next time,case is all sealed up and serviced and reinstalled. Carb kit and I will fish it for a test and tune.

Back