Logo

Water Pressure Sensor

DrVague

Hi
I have a 3.0L MPI with Alpha leg only a few years old. I have a MercMonitor and several Smartlink gauges, one of which is water pressure. Getting zero reading on the MercMonitor and gauge for water pressure. Can anyone tell me (as internet searches are turning up nothing and local dealers can't seem to find out) if the 3.0L can even supply this data with the appropriate sensor and harness?

Cheers
Jason

Does you boat have power steering? Need your serial number.

Chances are someone did not configure your smartcraft to not show the water pressure screen.

Last edited:
Does you boat have power steering? Need your serial number.

Chances are someone did not configure your smartcraft to not show the water pressure screen.

Many thanks for your reply.

Engine serial number is 1A630441. I'm located in Australia in case that matters.

By configure do you mean in the engine module or the MercMonitor? The MercMonitor does show the water pressure screen but the reading is zero. Also noted after firing it up last night that fuel pressure is also zero. Alarms are showing in those screens due to the zero readings.

My MercMonitor is data level 2 although I note that water pressure is available on all data levels.

Cheers
Jason

There is no provisions for a water pressure sensor on your engine. There is also no programing in your ECM for the sensor.

You can configure the screens on your MercMonitor to not show Water and fuel pressure since there are no sensors for either.
[h=1][/h] and turn off the water pressure.

There is no provisions for a water pressure sensor on your engine. There is also no programing in your ECM for the sensor.

You can configure the screens on your MercMonitor to not show Water and fuel pressure since there are no sensors for either.
and turn off the water pressure.

Ok, at least I have a definitive answer at last. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

If anyone wants a SystemLink water pressure gauge let me know and you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Cheers
Jason

Back