Logo

2001 Yamaha Z150TXRZ won't transfer oil to the engine

rbgbrig

My 2001 Yamaha 150hp Z150TXRZ dash gauge shows the boat tank empty and won't transfer oil. it's full. The emergency engine manual transfer switch works which eliminates the boat tank pump. I have metered the boat tank switch wires at the engine connection and have continuity showing the tank sw is closed & working. I have jumped the engine connector to the ECM to show the tank is full. Same result. This model unfortunately controls this function with the ECM. The ECM is super expensive, am I missing anything? And there seems to be some confusion on which ECM? Something to do with whether the primary coil wires are grey or black, mine are black. The part # seems to be 68F-8591A-01 which I can find salvage for around $4 or 500. Has anyone had this same problem?
Bob

The oil transfer pump may not be activating because the main tanks oil level sensor is not indicating its tank needs filling. Have you meter tested the oil sensors to verify they are within spec?

I have had this problem but lucky have two engines . I swapped the float sensors with no help. After pushing the pins out at the boat tank connectors I found one pin,the ground wire was corroded and broke in my hand. Sometimes you could ring out a wire and check OK. But it could be hanging on by one fine wire but to the high resistance have a voltage drop making the pump inoperative.

Back