Logo

BF225 'idle valve' ...... which one is that then?

metal-chicken

Regular Contributor
Browsing around on youtoob today and I can across this video which shows a 225 with, what seems to be, exactly the same idle issue as mine.

In the comments he says he fixed it by cleaning the 'idle valve'. Anyone know which part he might be talking about?

I hope that the idiot running that engine is ready to replace the water pump and a bunch of other stuff. YOU NEVER RUN THE ENGINE ON THE FLUSH HOSE!!! You can get away with a one or two minutes on muffs with good water pressure, but never on the flush hose.

Check the TPS on the throttle body with your meter if the butterfly is closed the TPS opens up it acts like a valve so when the butterfly is closed the TPS opens the little hole below the butterfly and allows air into the manifold if it does not work and the butterfly is closed it will idle sluggishly or wont idle at all because there is no air going into the inlet manifold for proper fuel combustion to take place in the diagram its the part to the left of part no 9 witch has no number to it .:)

The iac or what honda call an eac is on on the throttle body 2 bolts and it pops out also u need to undo the connector.
It has a mesh screen that can get clogged. Clean it with car by cleaner and refit first before u buy a new one

The Idle Air Control Actuator is controlled buy the ECU it maintains the idle to be constant while the butterfly is closed it works in conjunction with the TPS as the TPS has 3 wires +/- & a sender wire You must also check the IAC with your meter if it works if the TPS & IAC is all good and you still get the same symptoms then move onto your fuel regulator which is vacum controlled .

Back